The following is the Crossfit KOA Pledge (posted on the wall in the Original Gym). It goes back to when KOA Nation was first started in Josh and Rachel's garage when Josh, Steve and I were still envisioning our KOA Nation dream. Josh used to have members sign the pledge, but that became impossible as we grew. In my opinion, the Pledge is great advise on how to approach life inside and outside of the KOA Nation gym. I thought it was time to get it posted here so that we can all reflect on its message. Crossfit KOA has grown a lot in the past 2 and a half plus years, but we continue to strive to coach and live by these principles.
CROSSFIT KOA PLEDGE
- I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best I can.
- Lactic acid is my friend. The wind is my friend. Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger. If I had no opposition, I would be weak.
- If I can run I run, if I have to walk, I walk. When I am forced to crawl, I crawl. And then I rest and live to fight another day.
- I fear no man, but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
- I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. EVER.
- I NEVER cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory I did not win?
- The workout missed is the opportunity missed. I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
- I understand the value of the push-up, the pull-up, the sit-up, the squat, the clean & jerk, the snatch, and the deadlift.
- I will give everything I have, and then I will find more within myself.
- I don’t complain. Complaining is for crybabies. There are 11,232 babies born in the US every day. I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
- I will bite off challenges, spit out results, and beg for more.